Thursday, February 4, 2010

Confession #1

As I sat here at my computer desk (my butt on the floor with my computer on a nightstand), I racked my brain for something interesting to write about on my first confession. I figured it had to be something good, but not too good (I gotta keep you coming back for more), and something that I would not necessarily tell someone just in random conversation. But would you imagine that it was random conversation that brought this topic to my head? Ironic? Sure, if I am understanding the word correctly! But, that is a whole other confession all in itself!

Confession #1 begins:

I am like a little girl. Forever stuck at age...oh...5, maybe, if I am lucky! I am 22 years old and I am still scared of the dark. No, not just a little spooked, like full on pretty much hate the dark! At night, when I turn out the light in my room, I beeline from where my light switch is to my bed. Not just straight course from light to bed, no that would be too easy! Before I even turn out the light I am in running stance. Hey, I have to be prepared! Let me just take it one step further, when I am about two feet from my bed, I JUMP! (At that moment you would think I was an Olympic hurdler.) If there is something under my bed it will grab at my feet if I just sit down, I have to just to avoid grabage! Come on, I'm sure you know what I mean! Once I am in bed I'm fine...unless my feet poke out from under the blanket...or over the edge of the bed!! :0 SCARY! That "thing" that is under the bed...this is opportunity number two for it to get me since I jumped to avoid it in the first place. Then, just when I think I am peacefully asleep til morning, I wake up! Dang it! I roll over and happen to open my eyes (something I avoid doing most nights). Is that..is that a person over in that corner?? Even worse....the "thing"??? AAAHHHH My imagination runs wild! At least that is what I tell myself it is. So instead of turning on the lights to see what I am actually looking at, I cover my head. If I can't see it, it can't see me! And if I reach out for a light...it will get me!!!! Of course there are those nights when I wake up and don't see anything. Those are the nights I wake up with that awful sudden urge to pee! When I think of nothing else but TOILET! That is until I open the door. Only then do I see how dark it is out in the hallway and remember about...dun dun dun..the "thing" again! Lights! I need lights!! I don't just turn on one light. Nope, gotta turn on every light from the bedroom all the way to the bathroom! Hey, I have to be able to see! What is the "thing" you ask? The boogie man of course!!!! Now, I don't believe in the boogie man himself! I am 5 after all, not 4! :)The boogie man is whatever I have to decided to be afraid of that night...

And so Confession #1 comes to an end....check under your bed tonight!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Jasmine! You are amazing! I loved to read your blog. I can totally relate being afraid of the dark. I don't necessairly jump to my bed, but once I go to sleep and I wake up and I need to pee... well it doesn't happen until day break! Needless to say, sometimes I am not able to make it all the way to the bathroom by that time. Haha, I am glad you are writing a blog, it ia fun hearing about you! I would write one but people in white coats would lock me away. Keep writing!

Jasmine said...

I am afraid people in white coats are going to take me away also! That is probably why I have never written a blog before. The inner workings of Jasmine's mind is a scary scary place!!! :D