Monday, February 8, 2010

Confession #3

It has been a long, long, long time since I have been to the dentist. Did I mention that it has been a reeally long time?? I just need to make sure I am getting across the length of time that it has been. I also need to mention that the last, and I am pretty sure only, time I went I had absolutely nothing wrong with my teeth. Which means I needed no root canals, no fillings, and no novacaine! Which also means that I have no idea what to expect should I need something from the forementioned list of tragedies. Translation: I am TERRIFIED! 
I have these stupid nightmares about my teeth all the time. And in all of the dreams, my teeth fall out! I know that is from my fear of having a million cavities! Then what if they tell me I have gingivitis?? I don't want to go home worrying that my gums are going to look like this one day!
Pretty gross right? I mentioned to my mom on the phone today that I would love to get invisaline to fix my over bite. She mentioned that I should just get braces. "Have yourself some railroad tracks on your teeth!" I say heck no! Not that there is anything wrong with adults who have braces. But come on, i work with the public all day long. That is the last thing I need...One of my clients walks in for me to do their hair and I open my mouth to talk...all they see is this...

No thank you, I will pass!! My luck they would tell me I need to wear head  gear too. Talk about a nightmare! Along with all this teeth talk comes the part about the novacaine shot right into the gums. The thought of that makes me quiver from head to toe. 

AAAHHHH!!! And along with this picture I image the psycho music...you know the one!! One last thing to add, I can not think of a dentist with out thinking about this as well...
 

I can think of a few people who will appreciate this!! :) Oh Steve Martin!!

3 comments:

exclusive_remedy said...

Love it! But just remember, you will be fine! And since you are going early in the morning hopefully you will be too groggy to be too scared!

Jasmine said...

I was thinking something along the same lines!!!!! Maybe I should get as little sleep tonight as I can so I can just sleep in the chair! Then I will never know anything happened! lol

MD said...

you survived!! funny we saw you at bed bath and beyond and your poor mouth was all numb